10am to 5pm Harvest Festival
11am to 4pm Wine Tasting
1pm to 3pm Grand Luncheon
Join Fort Ross Conservancy, California State Parks, and the Fort Ross-Seaview Winegrowers Association at our annual Fort Ross-Seaview Wine and Harvest Festival for an incredible day of world-class Wine Tasting, delicious local foods, music and much more, all set on the spectacular Sonoma Coast at Fort Ross State Historic Park.
Harvest is the time to enjoy autumn's fresh air with friends and family, acknowledging all that the seasons provide us. Harvest Festival starts out with a morning of apple picking in the orchard, where we'll gently harvest fruit from these historic trees while enjoying Eastern European singing with Kedry. Next are the windmill talk and Russian bell ringing.The celebration then moves to the historic Fort Ross compound where we'll enjoy the old-world charm of the 19th century Russian settlement.
Grand Luncheon (1pm - 3pm $125 per person)
If you purchase advance tickets to the Grand Luncheon, your entrance to both Harvest Festival and the Wine tent are included!
We invite you to join us for a lovely luncheon on the marine terrace during Harvest Festival. Seating is limited to 25 people.
$125 per person, which includes entrance to Harvest Festival, the Harvest Luncheon with Fort Ross-Seaview wines, and entry to the Harvest Wine Tent. Three-course lunch menu prepared by Barbara Hom, noted long-time wine country chef:
- Grilled prosciutto-wrapped fig appetizers
- Salad with grilled calamari, arugula, shaved fennel, radishes, pickled red onions, and dry cured olives
- Garlic-encrusted grilled rack of lamb in a pomegranate red wine sauce with pistachio, lime zest, & fresh herbs, served with a turnip cake and grilled seasonal vegetables
- Grilled pears with lemon curd, mascarpone, and a cornmeal cookie
But wait, there’s more! For each $125 lunch ticket sold, FRC will donate $75.00 to the FRC Youth Education Fund!
Wine Tasting (11am-4pm, $40 per person)
Presenting a remarkable selection of wines grown in the FORT ROSS-SEAVIEW VITICULTURAL AREA that consists of the steep ridge top vineyards that overlook the Pacific Ocean and produce wines of structure, balance and finesse. The Grand Tasting features local grape growers and winemakers, and a chance to meet and greet the people behind the wines. Also enjoy cheese sampling with Omar Mueller of Freestone Artisan Cheese and Sonoma County cheesemakers. This ticket includes general admission to Harvest Festival when purchased in advance.
Harvest Festival ($20/car) 10am to 5pm. If you purchase advance tickets for the Wine Tasting, your entrance fee to Harvest Festival is included.
In addition to the spectacular Fort Ross-Seaview Wine Tasting, the day offers a wide variety of activities suitable for all ages:
- Song, dance, and gentle apple harvesting in the historic orchard
- Horse and buggy rides (free!)
- Bell Ringing
- Wine country’s premier jazz trio featuring the best in “chamber swing,” Swingfish brings new life to the romantic jazz standards of the Great American Songbook.
- Interpretive talks by dedicated experts on the replica windmill and fort compound
- International Food Bazaar with delicious seasonal fare for sale
- Local samples of heirloom apples, apple cider, apple baked goods, Russian piroshki, Sonoma cheese, and more
- Su Nu Nu Shinal Kashia Pomo dances
- Kedry demonstrating old world Russian cooking, song, and dance
- The glorious voices of Kitka, the American women's vocal arts ensemble inspired by traditional Eastern European songs and vocal techniques.
- Pumpkin Carving
Special event bus fee for small capacity (24 person or fewer) bus: $100 - for entrance to Harvest Festival only
Special event bus fee for large capacity (greater than 24 person) bus: $225 - for entrance to Harvest Festival only
If you'd like to volunteer at the festival, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Four hours of volunteering gets you free admission to Harvest Festival.
California State Parks supports equal access. Prior to arrival, visitors with disabilities who need assistance should contact (707) 847-3437. We have one beach wheelchair available first come, first served.
Questions? Email Fort Ross Conservancy at email@example.com, call us at 707/847-3437. To see photos of past events or learn more, please see www.fortross.org.
FORT ROSS-SEAVIEW WINEGROWERS ASSOCIATION is an association of local grape growers and wineries dedicated to farming "coastal cool" grapes on the very edge of the continent. Here the vineyards are like islands in the sunshine above a sea of coastal fog that nips at their edges during the long, slow and temperate grape growing season. The maritime climate of the area is ideal for growing winegrapes of the highest caliber. The vineyards here produce pure, focused fruit with lively acidity, minerality and nuanced tannins. These exceptional grapes produce internationally acclaimed wines of balance, character, structure and finesse that tempt the palate with their elegance. See www.fortross-seaview.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.